Know your rights and responsibilities when it comes to managing your health.
- Every patient has the right to access competent healthcare and treatment regardless of age, sex, ethnic origin, religion, political affiliation, economic status and social class.
- Before commencement of treatment, a patient has the right to a clear explanation of the proposed treatment including the planned procedure/intervention and common complications that may arise
- Translation services will be provided where possible
- The hospital will ensure the safety and security of the patients
- A patient has the right to know the investigations conducted and the results of these investigations
- A patient has the right to a second opinion at any time and a medical report when requested, either by the patient or a third person on the patient’s written permission and consent. Fees will be charged for the report
- A patient has the right to know the various options available for the same treatment
- Every patient has the right to enquire for information and provide feedback to the Head of Department concerned or the Customer Service Department
- The patient/guardian with legal responsibilities shall provide accurate and complete information about his/her health to the attending doctor to the best of their ability
- The patient/guardian with legal responsibilities shall inform the private healthcare facility of his/her ability to pay for the services to be rendered
- The patient has the responsibility to follow doctor’s advice and treatment, keep appointments and inform the doctor or the hospital if he/she is unable to do so
- While in the clinic or hospital, the patient must conduct himself/herself so as not to interfere with the well-being or rights of other patients or healthcare professionals
- The patient shall inform the healthcare provider if he/she is a registered organ donor
Patient Rights & ResponsibilitiesClick here to download PDF